Arrowroot Capital seeks a Vice President with 4-7 years of post-undergraduate experience in software growth equity to be an integral member of our growing team in Santa Monica. This is a potential Partner-track position. The candidate should be comfortable and capable of sourcing and executing new investments and working with management teams of portfolio companies directly with the Partners of the firm. The candidate must excel in conducting a significant portion of due diligence in-house and managing complex processes and situations.
The Vice President will work collaboratively with management teams at portfolio companies to help build value through efficient sales & marketing operations, organic growth and add-on acquisitions. This individual will also play a lead role in all parts of the transaction process, including: sourcing, negotiating & structuring, completing industry research, writing investment memos, and supporting post-close strategic initiatives.
Deal teams at the firm typically consist of two to three investment professionals (Associate, Vice President and/or Partner), requiring VPs to be extremely proactive in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have investment transaction experience in the enterprise software sector and possess the ability to evaluate, analyze, and synthesize investment opportunities. He/she should also effectively communicate and quantify an investment thesis along with its related risks and mitigating factors.
This candidate must thrive in an entrepreneurial private equity culture and have the potential to grow into a larger role at the firm, including leading deals with increasing independence.
- Sourcing actionable opportunities
- Marketing the firm to both internal and external constituents
- Preparation of investment memos and business plan summaries
- Researching investment target's competitive position, market size and industry dynamics
- Management of third party diligence providers, including legal, accounting and industry specific consultants
- Detailed financial analysis and modeling
- Assisting with legal documentation and post-closing legal issues
- Executing and analyzing post-close value creation initiatives
Necessary skill set:
- 4-7 years of total experience including a strong academic background and specific investment experience in enterprise software (either growth and/or buyout)
- Top performer within peer group in the following areas: qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, understanding of finance, financial modeling, business judgement, and attention to detail
- High degree of intellectual curiosity, proactive mentality and desire to work in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Team player with proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Superior Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills required
- High level of integrity with strong professional references
- Applicants must either live in the LA area or have strong ties to the area
Start Date: Q1/Q2 2017
Submit resumes to email@example.com